My 500 Words

Sabtu, 13 Februari 2010

Coping With Trauma of Loosing Job

By Jannerson Girsang

My dearest readers!.

My previous experiences showed that the largest trauma of loosing job is worried about unable to get job again—competing with the younger and more skilled. Let me tell you how I got unique way out of it!

Early 2009, I experienced of loosing job as an independent media consultant for a big company (biggest income of my writing job). It was a tragedy to my life. However, it was the sixth or seventh times I faced loosing job. 

In order to cope with the trauma, I have found no most entertaining activity unless I sit down in front of my computer and write my grievances, share them to my family, get relaxing, and keep my physical health. (Although you are not writer, according to an expert, writing your emotional experiences significant physical and mental health improvements follow).

This articles is inspired by my experiences of writing the expressive stories of Aceh and Nias Tsunami and Earth Quake victims in 2005-2006. I thank to all them who have shared their stories and inspired me to write.

I frankly tell you that the progress of internet technology has helped me so much . It makes me able doing blogging—a skill that I have never had before.

Waiting for new job, I wrote my grievances and published my stories to the world through blog. I did the activities, until getting new job.

Let me share you step by step, how I cope with trauma on the first day of loosing job.

Step 1. 

Create New Activities. Going through the first day of loosing job, I was confused and worried. Usually, I left my house for office in the morning. Say hello to every body. Then, I had to stay at home at all. What I did was turning on my laptop and writing down my grievances, concerns, worries or tragedy of my life, like writing diary. I had succesful to create a great new job.
 
Step 2. 
 
Keep Self-confidence.   I read the entire article and at the same time made small corrections. Next, I laughed!. Read it again, and I laughed again. This kind of activity fosters my self-confidence and wonderful feeling as well. Having read my story had kept  my self-confident. "Thanks God, I have great story, I am still a live!".

Step 3. 

Share and Get Help from Family. My story is unique and I need to print it!. I brought the printed story and asked my wife or my kids to read. They were happy and told me “You are great!”. My story is very useful not only for me, but also for my wife and kids. I myself feel loosing burden because my grievances are expressed. My  family enjoy unique story that they have never read. Surely, they help me. They know how to treat people of loosing job!.

Step 4. 
 
Create Expectations. I went back to the computer and connected to internet. Looking for companies which might offer job vacancy. Or, read job ads. Prepared my resume and sent it via e-mail to a few companies that I had identified. In fact, it could not guarantee I get job in a short time. At least I have created my expectation.

Step 5. 
 
Get Relaxing. After doing the activities, for hours, I get relaxing such as reading newspapers, holy book, references, or watching television in the afternoon, chatting etc. (As a church congregation leader, I went to the church—near my house, or gathering with church member of having “spirit food”. Discussed with friend or pastors). In other time I call or meet my closed-friends and share with them what I've done on the day.

Step 6. 

Keep My Physic Remains Fresh. Conducted light exercises in the afternoon, went out of my house, seeing around.

Step 7. 
 
Express My Great Feeling. Sitting down back in front of my computer, I wrote down my emotional story I have done along day. Read it couples of time. Aha!, I had written two articles. I made little correction. I did not worry about grammar or quality of my writing. What ever I write about myself is great. It is an unique story. My experience of writing the victims of tsunami and earth quake in Aceh and Nias, has proved it. People are interested to read personal expressive story!

Step 8. 
 
Tell My Great to the World. I published some of my experience to the world. People read my unique story. I continued  my first day activities until I got new job. 

I have a great diary, coping with my trauma and the world can enjoy my stories. I have contributed something great to the world and I feel great. Finally, people know me, including my abilities. They really help me.
 
"When you do not have anything to do, go writing and publishing your articles. You'll quickly get a job!".  

If you have the same experience, please modify it at your convenience. Do not hesitate sending me comments. I will be very appreciated.

*Writer is biographer, free lance writer for several local daily newspapers. This article is only published on www.harangan-sitora.blogspot.com--a blog that saves my life. Do not publish this articles for commercial without permission from author. For further detail please contact me at : harangansitora@gmail.com. Or call : +62081533847725






3 komentar:

NENSA MOON mengatakan...

Great experience...
I really enjoyed reading this post.
Thanks for sharing, friend.

Keep blogging!!

JANNERSON GIRSANG: Menulis Fakta Memberi Makna mengatakan...

Thanks for your comment!

AgusR Dot com mengatakan...

nice aticle